What Are The Best Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Options?
Which Treatment options are the best for treating Erectile dysfunctions?
Treatment of ED depends on the cause and may differ from patient to patient based on their overall health and medication they might be taking for chronic health issues.
At first, your doctor will perform a physical exam and take your medical history to diagnose erectile dysfunction, and then recommend a treatment. But if you have chronic health conditions or an underlying condition that might be involved with ED, then you might need some more tests.
The treatment options:
- Regular physical activity: moderate to vigorous aerobic activities can improve erectile dysfunction. Staying active might also reduce the risk of erectile dysfunction in the first place. Moreover, An active lifestyle helps in losing any extra weight (which can act as an underlying cause for ED)
- In cases where ED is caused by stress, anxiety, depression, or relationship tension, psychological counseling can be very helpful.
- Oral medications. Different types of oral medication can be used for the treatment of ED. Your doctor will determine the best choice for your particular situation. These medications include Sildenafil (Viagra), Tadalafil (Adcirca, Cialis), Vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn), and Avanafil (Stendra)
- Alprostadil injection. This is a self-injection option where you use a fine needle to inject alprostadil (Caverject, Edex) into your penis. these injections include Bimix (combination of 2 medications), and Trimix (combination of 3 medications
- Alprostadil urethral suppository. This includes putting alprostadil suppository (Muse) inside your penis through the penile urethra
- Testosterone replacement therapy can be used alone or in combination with other therapies when erectile dysfunction is associated with low levels of the hormone testosterone
- Penis pumps and rings can be used if medications aren’t effective or appropriate in your case
- Penile implants via surgery are the last option if all the other treatments were ineffective or inappropriate