Register Now

Login

Lost Password

Lost your password? Please enter your email address. You will receive a link and will create a new password via email.

Login

Register Now

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Morbi adipiscing gravdio, sit amet suscipit risus ultrices eu. Fusce viverra neque at purus laoreet consequa. Vivamus vulputate posuere nisl quis consequat.

Is It Common for Men Age 50 to Have Erectile Dysfunction?

There are many joys that come with growing older: Gaining wisdom, seeing the younger generation grow, getting the senior discount at restaurants. But there is a big downside for aging men: The risk of developing erectile dysfunction. To many men, erectile dysfunction is seen as an inevitability that kicks in around age 50; not a potential issue, but rather a definitive one. But there are plenty of men in their 50’s with perfectly healthy sex lives. So that leaves men wondering: Just how common is erectile dysfunction at age 50?

Here’s the facts: While it is true that erectile dysfunction becomes more prevalent around age 50, it is not as widespread as idle talk might have you believe. Research has found one-third of men between 50 and 64 suffer from erectile dysfunction. While this is certainly a larger percentile then the amount of men dealing with ED in their 20’s, this is to be expected as the body ages.

But that still doesn’t mean that erectile dysfunction is set in stone. Further research shows that 44% of men between the ages of 65 and 85 develop ED, leaving a whopping 56 percent erectile issue free.

So, rest assured, erectile dysfunction is not an inevitable issue waiting to strike. If you should develop erectile dysfunction, there are plenty of solutions that can be explored with a medical professional that will allow you to continue to have a happy and fulfilling sex life. But erectile dysfunction is not set in stone, so don’t live your golden years thinking that it is.

About the Author