41 and Have Erectile Dysfunction Problem, What is the Best Treatment?
ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION QUESTION:
My age is 41 and I have problem erectile dysfunction which is the best medicine for my problem.
DOCTOR ALSAYES ANSWER:
The key to dealing with this situation is to identify the cause and to treat it accordingly.
Erectile dysfunction has many factors and underlying causes, as you probably know. One of these aspects is the psychological aspect.
But generally, erectile dysfunction could be due to many underlying causes, such as; Anxiety, diabetes, high blood pressure, alcoholism and smoking tobacco, acute stress disorder,…etc.
For the best treatment option, we need to identify the cause of your erectile dysfunction.
A psychological aspect can in form of anxiety or pressure to perform under heightened anxiety, or acute stress disorder, or Low sex drive due to underlying cause (as a bad memory from a previous relationship).
In addition, watching pornography and masturbation more frequently can also lead to erectile dysfunction during actual sex relations.
Some studies have found that frequently masturbating to porn can contribute to ED by desensitizing you to certain imagery and physical intimacy.
And keep in mind that making good lifestyle choices is a very important factor along with the medical treatment, and that should include:
• Avoid smoking because it can lead to or worsen erectile dysfunction.
• Lose any excess weight. Being overweight can cause or worsen erectile dysfunction.
• Include physical activity in your daily routine. Exercise can help with underlying conditions that play a part in erectile dysfunction in several ways, including reducing stress, helping you lose weight and increasing blood flow.
Now regarding the medical treatment, many options are available, some of them have side-effects while others don’t, but that also depends on your condition and overall health:
• Oral medications like Viagra or Cialis (but these medications are not preferred to be used when you have a heart problem)
• Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP Therapy)
• Intracavernous injection therapy
• Penile implants
Please see your urologist determine the best treatment for your current condition after an evaluation.
I hope this answers your question.